Friday, November 11, 2011

YEAR OF THE 1

Its the damndest year ever man! Or maybe its just my grape fruit that's just overly charged for the fantastical. Or it could be my obsession with the Invisibles, or its just the number that grabs my attention.

"This day" will never happen again...after "This year", which, will never happen again. With few events that can indefinitely be checked off from its catalog, not such a bad thing.

The in-country fires, flash floods all across the countrysides, freak accidents on highways (of buses senselessly overloaded and Mahindra Boleros squeezed very concentration camp-like. And a very incredible denouement - EARTHQUAKE, which left behind- unprecedented damages and mental trauma. Those in the international were very international (of course i don't mean that in a good way).

Then again, the year did have its good moments. Events and moments that could make entry into "My finest Hour". Skipping the about-to-be narrated monologue on the finest hour;there were few things that made the year an auspicious occasion;

OUR KING finally tied the knot, and the big event was really big. It did jerk a chain inside me too.. I'm not the sentimental type, but heck,.. must have been the air around me. Everyone chanting it so religiously. I didn't sign any books which conveyed colorful greetings and i didn't get into all that SMS-wishing business. (Between you and me,.. Penny-pinching-gimmicks!).


I did say a silent prayer and make a sincere wish for the BRILLIANT COUPLE and the COUNTRY.




The BUDDHA's bones (that's what they are right?) came to Bhutan all the way from India. I didn't even know there was a relic inside, I thought people were supposed to just prostrate at the the three diamond shaped glass dolls, wrapped in silk.

Well, you can't blame me, or any of the members of the population who didn't really see it for what it was. For one,.. we were all (yee-haa!)-ed like cattle driven to their shelter.


Among other things, this year, I made friends, good friends...I consider it an impossible feat to achieve, that is - meeting good friends after school and college. After that long hiatus in sincerity, honesty and Innocence all minds grow calculative, everybody knows their way and what is easily accomplished possessive of genuine minds is nothing short of supernatural to replicate in a very contradictory atmosphere.
They don't tag it "the Midas touch," for kicks, you know?

This year, I declare myself as someone who has all the makings of a cold-blooded serial killer because I have successfully operated a few.

Now there's a shocker... even for myself (I'm kidding!) I will honestly make a confession here though. People who proclaim to and pretend to have your best interests are those, who actually want your best "interests."





Sala Truck Driver,..God Damned Monkey... I'm out of bile reenacting the bad and ugly of it.

All said... not thoroughly done though (cold December still hollering) it's over! THE YEAR OF 1.

wonder where i was? on 1.1.11 .. 1.11.11

.. on .. 11.1.11 & 11.11.11

This blog was posted on 111111


No comments:

Post a Comment